Monday, April 20, 2015

Oregrund, Sweden

April 20, 2015

Took the bus and headed to Oregrund today. It's about an hour away by bus to the east and is a small, quiet harbor town. It was recommended to me by my friend Kenley. There wasn't a lot to do in Oregrund, but it was very lovely.

It is also the jumping off point to and from Graso Island. I have photos of the barge but did not make the voyage across the strait myself. A lot of people from Oregrund and Graso Island commute further inland for work.

Right on the sea, Oregrund is colder and windier than Uppsala, but it is beautiful. I went there mid-day and walked around the harbor and the town.

I went to the only coffee shop open, the Konditori, which was the only place with people. The town was so quiet. The coffee shop was a pretty pink building with white chair and tables and flowers inside. I got a coffee and sat and read my school book most of the afternoon.

I didn't really do much in Oregrund, but I did really enjoy getting out and being by the water.









No comments:

Post a Comment